Tuesday, June 17, 2014

i went for it



So I'm writing this with my toes, because my fingers aren't feeling well. Neither are my wrists, arms, neck, or back. 

I've been painting. A lot. The paint that was promised to get the job done, did not. And after a fresh FIVE!! coats later, and a free replacement from the store for the paint wasted and then some more, better paint, it's starting to look good. It's finally covering up the smoke stains that were on orange colored walls. There will be photos. The before and after's are going to be unreal.

Here's the place I'm painting. Home in the woods. I can't even believe it. 

There was that evil bitch that's been hanging on to Grandaddy's place while waiting for a check. And really that's all I've got to say about her. She is totally mean and spiteful and hateful and greedy and draining. And I think I'm just not going to tell that story. I would rather scrape dog shit from my shoe with my teeth than to write about her. She was really bad. And, you know, I guess I wish her well. I mean... I wish she would fall in a well. Forever. The End. And they all lived happily ever after. 


It's been 2 1/2 years since Grandaddy died. The other day, when all of the legal papers had been signed, I drove out to the house, and after about the first ten miles I realized my smile was as long as the road. The little road I've driven countless times was leading me home for sure this time. 

I pulled into the driveway slowly and just looked at everything. From the tin roof to the porch brackets. From the caulk sealing here and there to the wires behind a fuse box. Grandaddy built every bit of it. Every pipe, every screw and nail, every post, every thing. I find myself gazing upon the details, running my hand tenderly along a wall. Everything is old and everything is new. Before I left the house that night I cried. I cried hard for so many reasons, but I am also so happy. 

-Angie

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!! So glad to read this. Can't wait for pics, I LOVE before and afters. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy to finally write it.
      xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...